a detailed CV (last update: 2016/09/06).
- Ph.D. in Physics (summa cum laude), University of Catania, February 2012.
- Diploma di Licenza Specialistica per l'Eccellenza in Physics (summa cum laude), Scuola Superiore di Catania, December 2008.
- M.Sc. in Theoretical Physics (summa cum laude), University of Catania, December 2007.
- Diploma di Licenza Triennale per l'Eccellenza in Physics (summa cum laude), Scuola Superiore di Catania, October 2006.
- B.Sc. major in Physics and Mathematics (summa cum laude), University of Catania, October 2005.
Grants, Fellowships, Awards
- Key research personnel in the grant ``The Fundamentals of Predictability of Scientific Success" by the AFOSR, February 2015.
- Awarded with a 3-years fellowship for post-doctoral studies in complex systems by the James S. McDonnell Foundation
- Awarded in November 2008 with a 3-years fellowship for Ph.D. studies by ``Ministero della Pubblica Istruzione - Governo Italiano''.
- National award ``Roberto Giordano'' for the best master thesis in Theoretical Physics of University of Catania (2009).
- National award ``Toscano-Scuderi'' for the best student in scientific studies of University of Catania (2006).
- Awarded in October 2002 with a 5-years grant for B.Sc. and M.Sc. studies in Physics by Scuola Superiore di Catania (SSC).
Scientific Activity (Selection)
- NetSci Backstage
Satellite of Netsci2015
June 2, 2015, Zaragoza (Spain).
- Part of the Program Committee for
the 9th International AAAI Conference on Web and Social Media,
May 26-29, 2015, Oxford (UK)
- Co-chair and Sponsorship Manager of
October 18 2014, Scuola Superiore di Catania, Catania (Italy)
- Organizer with Dashun Wang and Chaoming Song of
Quantifying Success (ECCS'13 satellite meeting),
18 September 2013, Barcelona (Spain)
- Organizer and part of the Scientific Committee for the European Conference on Complex Systems 2011 (ECCS'11),
12-16 September 2011, Vienna (Austria)
- Organizer with R. Lambiotte, J.P. Onnela, and M. Szell of the
XNet: Complexity and Networks (ECCS'11 satellite meeting),
14-15 September 2011, Vienna (Austria)
- Student at the Complex Systems Summer School of the Santa Fe Institute CSSS 2010
5-26 June 2010, Santa Fe, New Mexico (USA).
- Academic visit at the Section for Science of Complex Systems - Medical University of Vienna, and scientific collaboration with the group of Prof. Stefan Thurner
1 November 2010 - 5 February 2011, Vienna (Austria).
- HPC-Europa grantee for an academic visit and collaboration at the Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Imperial College (UK), hosted by Prof. Henrik J. Jensen
19 July - 3 October 2010, London (UK).
- Student at the Complex Systems and Social Simulations Summer School of the Central European University
13-25 July 2009, Budapest (Hungary).
- Academic visit and scientific collaboration under the ManMade project at the School of Mathematical Sciences, Queen Mary College - University of London, hosted by Dr. Hugo Touchette
15 June - 29 August 2008, London (UK).
- Visiting Student at the BIFI, hosted by Dr. Yamir Moreno Vega
15 June - 29 September 2007 and 16 April - 30 May 2008, Zaragoza (Spain).
- Academic year 2014-2015
Complex networks, co-instructed with Prof. A.-L. Barabási, Northeastern University.
- Academic year 2010-2011
Recitations for the course Complex networks: Structure and Dynamics, Scuola Superiore di Catania.
- Academic year 2006-2007
Tutor in the experimental Laboratory of Physics (Mechanics and Thermodynamics) for BSc students in Physics.
- Academic year 2005-2006
Tutor in the experimental Laboratory of Physics (Electromagnetism) for BSc students in Physics.
- I love travelling, both for leisure and for business.
- As most Italian people, I love good food and I really enjoy cooking, sometimes making new gastronomic experiments.
- I love snow and travelling to Northern countries.